When I use the FEATURE 9 * 2 code to log into the SMDR6 box the first message that appears is INACTIVE FEATURE. Why am I seeing this message and what does it mean?
That error message indicates that there is a problem with the connection between the phone system and the SMDR6 box. That connection is made using a standard RJ11 telephone cord -- the same type of cord you would use to plug a telephone into the wall.
Either the phone cord is not plugged in to an active telephone port on the phone system, or you have it connected to the wrong port on the back of the SMDR6 unit. The SMDR6 has a phone port and a jack port. You need to plug the SMDR6 from the wall into the JACK port. If you need a phone at that location as well you can plug a Norstar telephone into the phone jack on the back of the SMDR6 and it will work alongside the SMDR6 using only a single telephone port.
- FAQ-1466 Norstar SMDR6 - No Call Records are being received
- FAQ-1467 Norstar SMDR6 Error: PRINTER PROBLEM
- FAQ-1468 Norstar SMDR6 Error - INACTIVE FEATURE
- FAQ-1470 SMDR6 Error Message: RECORDS LOST
- FAQ-1469 Norstar SMDR6 Error: FEATURE IN USE
- FAQ-1144 Norstar Phone System Command Feature Commands�
- FAQ-1005 Norstar - How to Configure a Norstar SMDR6 for Comm One
Comm One LLC Technical Support
138 E 12300 S Ste #C102
Draper, UT 84020