Maintaining the list of Local Prefixes is something that you can do. I have included screen shots and instructions below. Basically you need to type LOC in the field named “Local Area” to tag a prefix as local. Here is how you do it:
- Start the Call Accounting and select CITY PREFIX FILE from the EDIT menu.
- Next you need to find the area code and prefix you are tagging as local. To do this select FIND from the bottom ToolBar.
- When the Find Prefix dialog comes up, enter the area code and prefix you are searching for. Area Code 570 and Prefix 246 are used in the following example.
- Cursor down to the field named LOCAL AREA and type LOC in that field. If you wanted to change the field from Local to Long Distance, you would remove the LOC from that field. By default all prefixes are blank - meaning they are all set to Long Distance unless you tag them as LOC.
- When you are done, select EXIT from the bottom right of the menu to return to the Call Accounting. This will change the prefix for all subsequent call processing runs (any existing processed call records will not be changed by this procedure).
Comm One LLC Technical Support
138 E 12300 S Ste #C102
Draper, UT 84020