IP DATA LOGGER SETTINGS FOR MITEL 5000
- You need Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger Prof.
- The password on the PBX should be empty
- You should activate the ASCII Data Query plugin and specify the login request as: #02#00#00#00#84#00
OTHER SMDR CONFIGURATION ISSUES:
- Check System/Sockets and Enable SMDR
- System\Maintenance\SMDR Make sure "SMDR Output Active" is set to YES
- SMDR Port on 5000 can lockup and phone system may need to be reset to start sending SMDR again.
- Default is 4000 but may have been changed in the Mitel 5000. Please verify.
- Mitel 5000 does support a password, but does allow blank password (none)
Inter-Tel/Mitel 5000 Recommended Settings
- Output Active = Yes
- Set Output Port NONE (This setting will send the records out the IP Address)
- Display Elapsed Time In Seconds = No
- Suppress Outside Party Number = No (This is your Caller ID number!)
- Set all“Record All…”options to Yes
- Devices–Define all stations for SMDR records. (See Note)
Set to NONE to send to 5000 IP Address. You can send the records to a Remote
Node and collect the records of all your nodes from a single node
There is a setting in Timers and Limits called Valid Call. By default, it is set for
15 seconds. The 5000 does not produce a SMDR call record until this timer
expires. If you wish to have call records generated quicker, set this timer lower.
Most call accounting users set this timer to 5 seconds.
Enable SMDR but DO NOT enter a password.
Comm One LLC Technical Support
138 E 12300 S Ste #C102
Draper, UT 84020